February 22, 2008

Word

The post-standard ran a piece stating that NY state is in fact planning to crack down on empire zone abuse. Good. That's all I got to say about that.

On the local Republican news front, Randy Wolken has officially put his name into the mix for the race for Jim Walsh's spot. For those who don't know who he is, the post-standard states he is "a Central New York business and civic leader." More specifically he is the president of the Manufacturers Association of Central New York, which seems a better qualifier than a certain other Republican candidate's credentials.

We had another Young Democrats meeting last night. Big plans in the mix, including a potential Democratic candidate symposium thingy in the summer, which we hope could lure some big names and not just locally, the posibility of doing some community service stuff as a group, maybe even doing some joint stuff with young Republicans. Sounds like good things to me, I'll try and do a better job of keeping everyone posted on all events (IE telling you about the meeting before I go to it instead of after.)Also there was a candidate for Surrogate Judge. I'll consider coming back to this topic if I can form more of an opinion of him and also read up on exactly what Surrogate court does.

It seems perhaps 2 guys are running for a State Senate seat in the 48th. I don't know a lot about either, but Will Barclay has been my assemblyman, and of what I know, I am not a fan. Either way though, if you live in the 48th, make sure to vote Tuesday.

Spitzer says he won't put state tax on the federal rebates that should be coming, which is the kind of good common sense thing you can usually expect NY not to do.

No comments: